Google I/O will take place on June 25-26 in San Francisco

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Google has announced the dates for its annual developers conference. The event is set to take place at Moscone West, the largest convention and exhibition complex in San Francisco, on June 25-26 according a recent Google+ post from senior vice president Sundar Pichai.

The executive didn’t reveal any details about the agenda, instead promising that more information would be shared next month. But if last year’s conference is any indication, there will be plenty of interesting happenings for developers and hardcore technology enthusiasts alike. The 2013 Google I/O saw the launch of Google Play Music and the Chromebook Pixel.

Much like Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference, Google I/O is one of the most coveted conferences in all the land. And just like WWDC, tickets to I/O are held in high regard and are virtually impossible to come by. Every conference ticket was spoken for in just one hour last year but according to Pichai, things will be handled a bit differently this year.

Instead of tickets being doled out on a first come, first serve basis, Google is implementing a new system where those wanting to attend can submit their interest. Successful applicants will then be randomly chosen and notified shortly thereafter.

It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get selected, however, as Google will once again be live streaming the keynotes and sessions. Additionally, there will be several I/O Extended community events set up around the world to participate in.

Permalink to story.

Back