Google joins the FIDO Alliance's board of directors

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Google recently joined the FIDO (Fast Identity Online) Alliance’s board of directors in order to bolster their two-factor authentication efforts. NXP and CrucialTec have also joined the board according to a press release published by FIDO.

FIDO plans to use a number of different technologies to help strengthen security measures across the web. Biometric verification is one of the technologies that FIDO will invest resources in. This method of authentication is reliable for identifying an individual as it uses distinguishable traits like fingerprints, voice recognition, eye scanning and face authentication to verify a user.

google fido alliance support two-factor authentication

One Time Passwords is another technology high on FIDO’s list. As the name suggests, OTPs can only be used once. They are generated randomly and can only be retrieved by a special device or via computer. If you need an idea of exactly how this works, look no further than Battle.net’s Mobile Authenticator.

It should come as little surprise that FIDO is also interested in Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. This is one of the more common technologies already in the hands of consumers thanks to smartphones and tablets. It works by putting two devices with NFC chips near each other so they can communicate successfully.

These are just a few of the technologies that FIDO will likely adopt although a timeframe hasn’t been announced as of yet. The initiative was created in part by Lenovo and PayPal last year to help reinvent the most basic security measure: the password.

Permalink to story.

This corporation just gets more and more "Orwellian" everday!! If you would like to predict what the business plans are for any of these "global" technological corporations, just watch "Minority Report." Each corporation has it's own agenda for dumbing down and controlling the masses!!

Fingerprinting, retina identification, biometric this, biometric that, passwords PIN numbers, having to provide ID to prove who you are!! Wake up People!! Their intention is to make it so difficult for us not to use their services and make us believe that we need their services. "Google Glass" being one example. Once they map our bodies and genes they will truly think that they own us. A robotic, mind controlled, totally subservient "Metropolis" type population. This is part of their ultimate goal and this is just another step towards it.

We have some amazing technology coming out now but let it truly benefit and free mankind's creativity and not be allowed to dominate and control us. Free energy is a good start. I would relish seeing a report on this site of scientists taking up where Tesla was forced to leave off. Optimistcally, I hope I don't have to wait too long. Rant over! I'm going back to live in the forest now!!

Back