Google links hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running up your post count again Tmagic?

twalt, my apology for the delay. It would have been better to deal with the logs you left. If you still have the problem and need help, please do a new scan with HijackThis and paste the log into your next reply.

There are some entries that need removing.

"Running up your post count again Tmagic?"...
No, just getting your attention as always. Running the ESET Scanner doesn't hurt anything... until I get your attention

Tmagic, instead of worrying about getting my attention, consider the member who has the problem:

1. A scan with an online antivirus program is not recommended at the beginning of cleaning. We already know there is malware.
2. An online virus scan is done at the end of a cleaning to make sure we haven't missed anything.
3. It is not your 'job' to get my attention. I try to start with the oldest threads first- up to a point-unless I check current logs and see that attention is needed immediately.
4. But when you put early replies on, then wait for the member to do the scan, then post it, the member with the problem actually ends up having to wait for a longer period of time
5. You tell a member to run an online scan, but I have never seen you do anything with the results.

If you were sincerely interested in helping the member with the problem, you would refrain from these practices and I wouldn't be going through them-again.

"Tmagic, instead of worrying about getting my attention, consider the member who has the problem"...

You are the one always complaining about "wrong and incorrect information" as if you were the only person in the World who was smart enough to know what to do here. Believe me, you are not the only person. Stop the negative comments and we can get on with helping here. Lets try to work together

On-line scans can give valuable clues to infections. The Hijackthis log also does this. Many members have done the 3 scans when I reply to them. The Mbam logs seem useless these days. Temp file need to be removed, restore points need to be cleared, and combofix needs to be run in many cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back