Google links redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking33

What an awesome site!!!

From what I can tell this is a fairly common problem. When I do some searches on google the links redirect me to other sites.

I have read a number of the similar threads but thought I should post my logs to be sure. My luck I'll have something extra nasty on the laptop!.

Anyway I have followed the 8 steps and my logs are attached.

I currently use Panda 2009 and the scan results did not turn up anything. The results of malwarebytes anti maleware and superantispyware were also negative.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Those logs are clean But you need to disable Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware when running HijackThis.

I have one question: Have you set a home page to com up a a blank page?
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank

If so, no problem. If not it's malware. Since you still have the problem:

Please download ComboFix HERE:

With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.

Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls.
Also disable your internet connection.

• Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
**Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.
• Wait for the scan to be completed.
• If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please post the log here. The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Do not click on the ComoboFix window, as it may cause it to stall.

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Be sure the original two cleaning programs are not starting up when you run this scan. Update and run new HijackThis scan when through. Attach ComboFix report and HJ log.

Hello Bobbye

Thanks for helping me out.
It seems that as soon as I click on your link "HERE" my internet explorer shuts down and I have to log back in to the site.

Viking33

Thanks Bobbye and Kimsland

I was able to download using Kimlands link, however, when I click on the file to start it, the red progress bar comes up, finishes, and then shuts down again. My panda antivirus and the MBAM will not update either. SAS has updated though. sigh..... any other suggestions. Should I maybe retry steps 1-8 and repost?

Try Combofix whilst running in Safe Mode ;)
To access Safe Mode press F8 key before Windows starts loading

If it works, then re-run Combofix in Normal Mode again

Well... still no luck. The program bar gets to the end and then nothing happens.
I wish I could see what was going on in the background to block the updating of my anti virus
I have no idea where to go from here :blush: ...

A "shot" more - Rename combo-fix to mike. exe, because certain spyware blocks the name combofix.

I renamed the file to mike.exe and tried it in both normal and safe mode and still nothing.
Is there some other program or way to get at this thing to allow updates?

I tried the fixit.zip and it said the file was corrupted. I also tried it in safe mode and renamed it as suggested to .exe. still nothing. I then when to work and tried to download it from there and save it to a thumb drive and it was still corrupted. I renamed it and brought it back to my own computer and still nothing. Is there a way to download updates for an anti virus software on another computer and then transfer them to the infected one?

Here's an idea
Uninstall Panda Antivirus Pro 2009

Restart and try Combofix again (also rename Combofix to Combo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back