Google redirect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gailk67

I followed the 8 step process and would appreciate further assistance. My logs are attached. I have been experience redirects when doing browser searches.

Hi gailk67,

You have a couple nasty files on your computer according to HijackThis. Please start up HijackThis again and click Do a System Scan Only. Then check mark the files listing below.

• [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 winsecure2009.microsoft.com
    [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 winsecure2009.com
    [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 www.winsecure2009.com

Next, click on Fix Checked. Then wait for a more experienced member to guide you from there on what you should do next.

Fixed and awaiting further instructions

Thanks. I did as you said and fixed those three files. I will wait for more information.

Alright, now we just wait for a more experienced member to guide you where to next. I'm not sure if they want you to run ComboFix or another program, so just sit tight patiently.

No, I was accidentally leading people the wrong way when dealing with helping them, so just need to have a more experienced member make sure I am leading you on the right path (which I believe I am) and that the nasty files were removed successfully, which is why I said they may have you run another program just to make sure.

Oh no problem. Yeah, before I wasn't guiding them very much and leaving em off a couple steps, but I think I did almost all to all of the necessary steps today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back