Google search redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that my computer has been highjacked.
I would like help in cleaning it up. I have attached the HighJackThis log.

Thank you in advance.

Ron

Boot into safe mode and go to run > "services.msc" (without the "" quotes)

Search for and disable the following services from start up (by right click > properties)

Media Center Extender Service
Viewpoint Manager Service

Then run HijackThis and fix the following (they're all BAD):
O2 - BHO: 846888 helper - {10A07F79-70F2-4169-B872-55184904D41D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\846888\846888.dll
O16 - DPF: {15AD6789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/WebsiteAccess/ie/bridge-c3.cab
O23 - Service: Media Center Extender Service (McrdSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ProtectService\ProtectService.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Reboot into normal mode, run and save a scan in HijackThis then post your fresh log.

acts fixed

ran Malwarebytes anti-malware and did your suggestions
acts fine
not sure if that is all though
This is the Highjack log file now

I hope I didn't miss anything, but that log looks fine now. How is your system? What are the 'hijack' symptoms you were talking about?

Seems fixed

Thanks for the help, The problems before was that most double-click on links in pages or during Google searchs were redirected to and ad or to another search site. It also ran very slowly. During today, however, I have not had any redirects so I hope the problem is behind me.

Thanks again,

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back