Google search redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I seem to have a common problem of google search results when followed being redirected to other sites. I have attached my hijackthis file. I also tried to run the standard process on these threads of CCleaner, Malwarebytes, etc but when I run Malwarebytes nothing happens (also had some strange results when trying to down load it from links came up with Oops! This link appears to be broken message). I have turned off Norton and Prevx scannig but still it does not run.

Help please.

Hello jon77

Run malwarebyte again, slightly different -

Download malwarebyte:
Here

Save the file as setup.exe

Run the setup.exe file
When it gets to the final step of the installation it will seem like it froze....it hasn't but it will take anywhere from 15mins to an hour to get through that step so just let it do its thing.

If automatic update fail, download the manual update ->
http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/mbam-rules.exe

Go into the Malware folder in through Program Files
Rename the mbam.exe to 123.exe and run it.
Do a full computer scan
Check all and remove/fix/delete them.

Restart your computer and attach the log

Hi touch,

thnkas for the info tried re-install of Malware and waited overnight for installation to finalise but did not complete and left with the window forzen saying finalising installation. Is that what you mean by if aitomatic update fail try manual update or am I missing something?

Ok. We´ll try combofix ->

Please download combofix here ->
ComboFix

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to 123.com to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Hi Touch,

thanks for the alternative approach. I managed however to get Malware to run and removed the infected problems. Attached is the log. I still however am being re-directed as you can see from the IE screen capture. Should I try running the Combofix instructions you gave?

Cheers

jon77

Hi

I have now also run SUPERAntiSpyware and fixed some further infected items (log attached). Still the same problem persists.Finally I have run another hijackthis to show the status of the machine now

I have now run Combofix and it has resolved the problem and an issue I had with my dvd writer not recognizing dvd-r disc so thanks for the help. I have attached the log just in case you see any other issues.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
Name the file as CFScript
and Save it on the desktop

Killall::
Snapshot::
Folder::
c:\documents and settings\Jonathan\Application Data\DNA
c:\program files\DNA
c:\documents and settings\Jonathan\Application Data\BitTorrent
File::
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\xml58.tmp
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\xml57.tmp
c:\documents and settings\Coghill\Application Data\~eu37.tmp
c:\windows\system32\F205E34D38.dll
Filelook::
c:\windows\htpatch.exe
Registry::
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"BitTorrent DNA"=-
[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk]
path=-
backup=-
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"BitTorrent DNA"=-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/sUBs/CFScriptB-4.gif

Once saved, refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back