Google Search virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Today while on the computer when using google to search, when I clicked on the links I get redirected to other sites which are completely unrelated to the original links.

Here is my Hijackthis logfile

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have an active subscription to Mcafee where you can get updates? Just want to make sure you keep everything updated. If not please let me know.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)SAS log
3)Hijackthis log (last step)

Yeah my McAfee is all updated

I can't seem to download & install Malwarebytes, & SuperAntiSpyware

Both source sites seem to be down, & when I dl them from places like cnet the exe doesn't fully install, it just freezes.

K, lets try one more I am curious

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&site...da5d730323efcf0cb0ebf64aaa7e&part=dl-10804572

[noparse]http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-8022_4-10804572&ontId=8022_4&spi=71d1da5d730323efcf0cb0ebf64aaa7e&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_dlnow&pid=10896905&mfgId=6290020&merId=6290020&pguid=QpYrwQoPjAAAACTWWrYAAABb&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.download.com%2F3001-8022_4-10896905.html%3Fspi%3D71d1da5d730323efcf0cb0ebf64aaa7e%26part%3Ddl-10804572[/noparse]

Ok, leave it on your desktop we will come back to that.

Download and Install SDFix
  • Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Run SDFix
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
  • Attach Report.txt back here

====================================

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back