Google Search won't work. Automatic Update turned off randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrules

Today, I am pissed.
Because my google search won't load and the automatic update thing is turned off when I start up the computer. My computer is kept clean and I never download any suspicious files that may contain virus/spyware/trojans. Here is a HTJ log. Please help me fix the problem. BTW yahoo.com won't load either. My internet is perfectly fine.

help please?

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from
Internet Options in Control Panel.

But what about the automatic update thing? I tried to turn it on, but it kept on disabling itself when windows start sup. :(

After the removal

I installed spybot, spyware doctor, and superantispyware free edition and did a full scan and removed the spyware and trojans. I also reset the internet explorer. After that, Google search seemed to work now and the dial-a-fix fixed the automatic update thing. Here is the new HTJ log.

BlindDragon where are u!!!

Actually I'm not an expert at HJT logs
But you can remove (tick in HJT, and fix) this one:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM176ec01f] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\icvvjcvm.dll",s

Kim sorry to jump in

Hello Welcome TechSpot

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

We need to get rid of one of the services running on your machine. To do this, copy (Ctrl +C) and paste (Ctrl +V) the text in the code box below to Notepad.

Code:
@echo off
sc stop Viewpoint Corporation
sc delete Viewpoint Corporation
del service.cmd and exit

Save it to your desktop as File name: service.cmd
Save as type: All Files

Once done, double click service.cmd to run it. A command window will open briefly, then close. This is quite normal.

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.**Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gocyberlink.com/registra...rdware=Desktop PC&CustomerNO=2083&Channel=OEM
F3 - REG:win.ini: run="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Manager.exe"
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4456A066-3FE0-4D41-91E2-8A86696E049B} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM176ec01f] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\icvvjcvm.dll",s
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: nnnnOiJd - nnnnOiJd.dll (file missing)

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.**Close HiJackThis & reboot into safe mode.

Uninstall the apps below

Viewpoint
===========================================

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
    [b]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Manager.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\icvvjcvm.dll
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint[/b]
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Then run hijackthis and post a fresh hijackthis log

Here is the log.

I cannot find F3 - REG:win.ini: run="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Manager.exe" in the HJT list.

And there is no log in the OTMoveIt2 folder.

I would take SD off right away cracks are the #1 reason for trojans and infections remove it asap then post a fresh hijackthis log. You could just be reinfection your self

Spyware Doctor installed (cracked).
Will slow your system down to nearly a halt
Remove if you actually want to use your computer!

Also members with cracked software cannot be supported
So consider yourself lucky that we even commented that it should be removed

there are plenty of free tools to get you going in the right place there is no need for any crack version of anything

I have the problem again! The google search won't work and some pages cannot load! I uninstalled the spyware doctor but I am sure is not that that cause the problem. I think it might be some stuff I downloaded I was not aware of. I love techspot and I need some help right now cause I got some write up due

Tick and remove these 2 for a start:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [145df383] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\kbjdmpha.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM176ec01f] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\huqcdoin.dll",s

But you should actually do this:
New Preliminary Removal Instructions
Before others will help (ie we don't want to say scan with an updated Antivirus, and all the other specific initial steps, you need to do first)

the google search works now, probably temporarily. But other websites like facebook or yahoo won't load :(.
Now it is still having problem :( Dammit

Sorry for the double post, here is my new HJT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back