Google to add more than 100 games to Stadia in 2021

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Recap: Google launched its cloud gaming service back in late 2019, allowing users to stream games to a wide variety of devices and platforms without having to wait for downloads or installs. Some games can be streamed in 4K resolution at up to 60 frames per second, so longer as your Internet connection is fast enough to support it.

With Google closing its first-party game development studio for Stadia and Terraria developer Re-Logic canceling its Stadia port after losing access to its Google accounts, morale wasn’t exactly high.

Nevertheless, Google has vowed to continue to invest in Stadia and its underlying platform. That commitment was recently reinforced when Google said more than 100 games are scheduled to reach the Stadia store in 2021.

Highlights include Far Cry 6, FIFA 21, Hellpoint and Judgment, an action-adventure game from Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio that originally launched in late 2018 in Japan. A spinoff of the Yakuza series, the story follows a disgraced lawyer-turned-detective seeking redemption in the Red Light District of Komurocho.

Google is currently offering a free one month trial of Stadia Pro. After that, you’ll pay $9.99 per month and can cancel any time you wish. Some games will have to be purchased while others are free as long as you are a Pro member. The complete list of games on offer can be found over on Stadia’s website.

Masthead credit Cody Engel

Permalink to story.

If Stadia was only handled better...

If Google had made it so you could stream to your YouTube channel with Stadia as sort of a poor man’s YouTube creator kit...

You just connect a wireless headset and camera...

...turn on a fake background...

...stream right to YouTube...

I could have made this a blockbuster

If Google had made it so you could stream to your YouTube channel with Stadia as sort of a poor man’s YouTube creator kit...

Oh yeah definitely, what does the internet need more of? People streaming themselves playing games, we definitely don't have many people doing that...

I have to say, even though the recent closure of their first party studio sent a very negative message , it does looks like they are still committed to Stadia.

I hope they do, because I think this is the future of gaming.

Even though, its a possible roadblock for future preservation, but technology keeps moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't waste my money. Google is known for throwing ideas and services out there just to cancel them when they get bored with them.

The 100 games coming out this year are just the 100 poor development teams working on projects when Stadia was canned with zero warning. I expect in 2022 the number will tell the true story of Stadia's demise.

That is a really good idea, I could see that being huge for lots of young people wanting to try streaming.

So out of those 100 games, the biggest one is FIFA which is lame as **** and Far Cry 6 which we all know will be the same as the last 4 FC games. Great job.

That's a great idea but you aren't a poor man.

Back