Google's Nexus 5X and 6P both go on sale for the holidays

Gabe Carey

On Wednesday, Google revealed that it would be slashing the prices of its recently released Nexus 5X and 6P smartphones. Through December 22, you can grab one from the Google Store for $50 off the going price -- that's $330 for the 5X or $450 for the 6P. Of course, if you opt for more storage space, you'll be looking at a higher price.

We've included each variant, along with their respective costs, below for your convenience.

• Nexus 5X - 16GB - $329
  • Nexus 5X - 32GB - $379
  • Nexus 6P - 32 GB - $449
  • Nexus 6P - 64GB - $499
  • Nexus 6P - 128GB - $599

You can add Nexus Protect insurance to either the 5X or 6P for $70 and $90, respectively. Regardless of which phone you pick, be it LG's Nexus 5X or Huawei's 6P, both come with free overnight delivery right now, so you can be sure that it gets here in time for the holidays.

While the $50 off discount only lasts until December 22, the free shipping deal spans through December 30. Although, oddly enough, the deals only apply to the United States and Japan, you can get a stock Android phone without the burden of a contract for a relatively low price this holiday season, and that's worth celebrating.

Permalink to story.

Still Expensive.
You're not wrong. I don't understand what Google are thinking with these devices, are there really that many people who will pay a very significant premium for a 'pure' Android experience and faster updates?

Still Expensive.
You're not wrong. I don't understand what Google are thinking with these devices, are there really that many people who will pay a very significant premium for a 'pure' Android experience and faster updates?

It's not really a premium when an unlocked Galaxy S6 costs over $550. Remember, the Nexus phones are contract-free. You're paying full price and a $330 Nexus 5X is much more affordable than a $650 iPhone 6s.

It seems expensive for an outright phone but I wish the UK were selling at those prices, I would of got the phone for £300 for the 32gb. It's £450 on giff gaff which is £20 a month, and then you have a choice of airtime, which I pay just £5 cause I don't really use it to make calls just to receive.
So paying £300 would have saved me £150 or £7.50 each month, which pays for my monthly phone tariff with change.

So mathematically not a premium phone. And many phones have so much bloatware. Who wouldn't want a smoother faster experience, which you can install the stuff you want. And you can always root and find a custom you like too.

Back