Got a video card with 4332MB memory (2559MB shared). Can I change this?

soulnether

hi got a question i have a video card withe 4332mb
the problem is it Shared Memory of 2559 MB

this gives me alot of problems withe gaming and i realy would like to change this
is there a way to change the Shared Memory to dedicated memory?
this would realy help

It's obviously integrated graphics.
No you can't, you need to buy a graphics card. You can't really play games on your current VGA anyway.

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 440 and no its put in later so not a motherboard Videocard

its a modded NVidia Geforce GT440 card with 4332 MB of memory
witch is modded for overclocking

I'm curious what specific model is this? I did some quick googling and didn't find the card.

Its costum made not for sale on webs
was an experiment
its a project that a couple of friends are doing
we are trying to push the limits of a grafic card first victime was a GT440

we already can overclock it to 760 ghz now we are looking to boost its memory

If that is the memory that windows assigns to the card then no it can't be changed unless you remove some of your system ram.Windows wont touch it if it doesn't need it.
Mine also said about 4 gb's of video ram when I had 8gb's of system ram and now that I only have 4gb's it say that I only have 2,8gb's available for my video.
That will go up tomorrow when I put another 8 gb in.
Is this what you meant?

Attachments

• shared ram.png
    shared ram.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
If that is the memory that windows assigns to the card then no it can't be changed unless you remove some of your system ram.Windows wont touch it if it doesn't need it.
Mine also said about 4 gb's of video ram when i had 8gb's of system ram and now that i only have 4gb's it say that i only have 2,8gb's available for my video.
That will go up tomorrow when i put another 8 gb in.
Is this what you meant?

ya sort of i was only looking for a way to boost it so thanks for the repley
we have 6 gb of ram so its realy weird we have to spend over 2.1Gig on video
and it was weird in a way cause its a dedicated video card

we have done a full system check on de card and we have found a error that we made when modding it
we made a extra slot so it would take in 2slots because of the extra memory the problem was we couldent acces that memory cause there was problem reading it we fixt it and now we have the full 4.1gig of memory and run add 850 Ghz add a temp of 75°C (overclock)

we have tryed to run add 860Ghz but then it went over 95°C so we are trying to fixs that now
But its a huge improvement over 525 Ghz Standard on a normal 440GT

how much did we spend on this project over 700 euro so is it worth it ??
No your better of buying a better card cheaper XD

it was a fun project
thanks for the help you Guys
the Nmodding Team

Well, I'm glad you did it. The world needs people to play with things and make them do things they weren't originally designed to do.

Hell, people spend money upgrading older systems all the time when in reality they could get a much better system with cheaper, newer parts.

Also, I admit my first post was actually questioning your card. As in, maybe you somehow got ahold of a MX440 (basically a GF2 from the old days) or something.

Back