GPU crapped out- is it broken?

mtrenal

Hello,

Last night I was on my computer (playing Dwarf Fortress- of all the things for my graphics card to find an issue with...) and I got some message about nVidia drivers needing to restart or something, my monitor shut off and then started back up, but all was fine. I didn't like that but did not look into it right away and now I wish I would have. Maybe an hour and change later I received a similar message but the entire computer restarted. When it did, it restarted in 800x600 resolution (was running 1920x1200). I looked in dxdiag- no graphics card.

I tried to look for it in my BIOS but I couldn't find anything about display or pcie slot or anything in that darned thing. The thing was, that it was saying it wasn't there, but my computer was running its display through the HDMI slot in the GPU!

I even tried switching PCI-E slots, but that didn't work, either. I did confirm that the GPU fan does start going at start up, though, and the red LED for boot_device or device_boot or whatever comes up as well on my mobo. I'm away from my computer now and don't want to post all the specs without being 100% sure.

CPU: Intel i5 3.2 Ghz
4 GB RAM
GPU: GTX 570

UPDATE: I have confirmed that it is a Code 43 issue on the device. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Back