Gran Turismo creator says he is "considering and looking into" bringing the series to PC

midian182

Staff member
In brief: While many people are still waiting for Bloodborne to become the next PlayStation-only title to loss its exclusive label, it sounds as if Gran Turismo could land on the PC first. Kazunori Yamauchi, the creator of the driving series, said he is considering and looking into a PC version of the racing series.

Since its original release on the first PlayStation console in 1997, the Gran Turismo franchise has remained exclusive to Sony consoles, including the PlayStation Portable.

But the list of PlayStation-exclusive titles has been shrinking in recent years. Uncharted, God of War, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Horizon Zero Dawn are just some titles to have expanded to PC, and more are expected to follow.

In an interview with GTPlanet (via PC Gamer) during the Gran Turismo World Finals, Yamauchi was asked if Gran Turismo could make the leap to the PC platform. "Yes, I do think so," he said.

Yamauchi added that "Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title," adding that a port would need to be able to run at 4K/60 fps natively. "It's not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it," he said.

The latest entry in the series, Gran Turismo 7, arrived on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 to rave reviews back in March. The PC has its own racing franchise in the shape of Forza Horizon, but the sim-like Gran Turismo would doubtlessly appeal to racing fans looking for a more realistic (and serious) driving experience. Like Forza, the series has a reputation for offering players an enormous selection of vehicles from throughout history to drive.

Expect to see more of the Gran Turismo name next year when director Neil Blomkamp's movie based on the exploits of Jann Mardenborough arrives. A partnership between Sony's PlayStation Productions and Columbia Pictures divisions, the film is based on the true story of Mardenborough, a teenage Gran Turismo player whose skills helped him win a series of competitions (the GT Academy) to become an actual professional race car driver.

If you're a fan of racing games in general, make sure to check out our feature, 27 Years of Need for Speed.

Permalink to story.

It would be glorious if the visuals were allowed to stretch their legs on PC hardware. They are great on PS5 but a few little weaknesses catch your eye. Only really because the rest of the game looks so nice. Going by how well Spiderman came out and how well it performed with DLSS I would hope for the same with GT7.

They just need to make sure you can move saves between platforms. The game is unashamedly grindy and I would want to be able to move progress across.

If it's anything like their last microtransaction laden shatpile, playstation can keep it. that's not the kind of competition we need.

I want it to come to PC, because I find that community more mature than some of the others, but the guy I watch (Super GT) explained all too well how slow Polyphony moves just supporting PlayStation.

I want to, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Let's face it, it's the Sony bosses who want a port to get more profits, rather than it being Kaz's idea directly (same as the bloody MTX...), not that I am complaining, would love to have this game finally on PC, can sell my PS5, use all my normal gear and hopefully the existence on PC makes it a better game

I want it to come to PC, because I find that community more mature than some of the others, but the guy I watch (Super GT) explained all too well how slow Polyphony moves just supporting PlayStation.

I want to, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
You mean Alex Albon, right?

Good news overall, but GT7 still has a lot of growing up to do. Most fans of GT have all but stopped playing because they've run out of stuff to do, and Polyphony give the impression that they're not really listening.

I've been asking for GT to come to the PC since GT4. This might be a "too little too late" for those of us who have wanted it for years. I NEVER got a console, and only played the game on rare occasions I was at a friends house who had a console. I just prefer PC as I am primarily a FPS player, but always had a nice wheel and pedals setup for when I wanted to race. I didn't want two systems to play games.

Maybe this will turn out good and maybe GT7 will continue to improve... because from what I've heard it isn't that great compared to other shall we say, realism aligned racing games.

That's literally Alex Albon in the video though ;]
Get your eyes checked...

Super GT Steve
[HEADING=1]Featured snippet from the web[/HEADING]

Steve Alvarez Brown, better known online as Super GT, is an English YouTuber known for his Forza Motorsport 7, Dirt 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Gran Turismo Sport videos.

Back