Graphic card update

hitech0101

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

I notice that the card has dual monitor support can i save money if i choose a card with a single monitor support because i don't think i will be using two monitors anytime in the near future.

Not really; they all do.
You can hunt around for better deals on the 6850 elsewhere though, I'm sure you could get it for a bit less.

Can you suggest a card in nvidia series please.Thanks for helping just keeping options open.Also newegg does not offer shipping to India so the psu will be difficult to find here.

Can you suggest a card in nvidia series please.Thanks for helping just keeping options open.Also newegg does not offer shipping to India so the psu will be difficult to find here.

I would take the Radeon HD 6870. It is the best card that you can get within your budget. If you insist on Nvidia then I would take the Geforce GTX 560.

Back