Graphics card doesn't fit backplate but fits in PCI Express slot

Deery50

This was really perplexing. I am trying to install a Galaxy GT520 on my Inspiron 546. So i take of the slot i need in the back-plate and fit the card into the slot. But...the card didn't fit into the back-plate. It's like a millimeter off.... There is a little slot that the back-plate slots go into but it doesn't fit into the slot. It's almost like it needs to be a millimeter longer. Thanks to anyone who helps.

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

Is the tongue at the bottom of the card's back plate too wide for the slot, or is it that the slot is not deep enough to accommodate the tongue? If the latter, maybe the mobo is too low (and I've just realised that's probably what Buckshot was driving at, but I'm a bit slow!:D )

Maybe if you loosened the motherboard screws a little and then tried to put the video card in place you might have more luck. It sounds like the lower tongue of the video card is sitting on the motherboard instead of in the gap between the motherboard and case.

Or possibly the lower tongue is bent just a bit too far in to fit into the gap. If so, loosening the motherboard as Cinders suggested could do it or maybe you need to straighten it just enough to clear the motherboard.

Back