Graphics card won't work

So I recently upgraded my graphics card to the msi geforce gtx 1050 ti. I plugged it in a went to start up my pc but it did not start. I opened it up to see the problem and I noticed that my gc has a 6 pin in it. But I dont know were the 6 pin connects to. And then what adapter I need.

That connector on the graphics card connects directly to your power supply. Unless it is fairly old the power supply should have one or more PCI-Express 6 pin connectors for use on graphics cards. Of course, your card only needs one. If the power supply doesn't have one, look at some of the extras that came with your graphics card. It might have come with an adapter to convert a couple standard molex connectors from your power supply to a 6 pin PCI-Express. If that didn't happen, you can still buy said adapter separately.

One thing though, if your power supply doesn't come with a 6 pin PCI-Express connector, it might be under powered for your new graphics card. I say, "might" because I don't know what power supply you have (brand, model and max wattage).

6 ping connector is needed to power up your GPU. Either use one which come with psu or you cna also use molex to pci e 6 ping power connector which you may have got it along with your GPU.

Back