Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspud200

ok iv just gone a bought a cheap graphics card for my bros comp it only cost bout £30 but it says on the graphics card + the box + manual that its a 256mb but when i look at the properties on the comp its say 512mb same as when i use everest ultimate and other programs it says 512mb its weird i also use overclocking programs and they say thats it 256mb Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
this was copyed from everest it self im really confused i can run cod4 and rainbox six vagas fine but after about 2 hours on any game even with low graphics i get the blue screen can any1 explane whats going on

thanks for ur time daniel read

Ok, since you get the blue screen of death after a suspended time of playing. That leans toward heating issues. Your GPU may be getting to hot and shuts itself down without notice of other hardware, ending in the BSOD.

well i have temp monitors all over my pc for my cpu/gpu/hdd/ram allways making sure i know how hot my pc is geting my gpu temps allways below 30.c i think i just ended up with a dodgy chip so i dunno what to do lol i was told the pc is worth 400 pound but i cant sell with a fuked up gpu and dont really wanna spend anymoney on this pc i only spend money on my main rig unless u can find me a website with a desent gpu for 30- pound but many thanks for ur reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back