Graphics cards

paul87

Hi there im am a first time pc gamer I have put together a pc but im unsure on what graphics card to buy my specs are as flows

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Socket AM3+ 6 Core Processor - 3.30GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo

500W PSU

4GB RAM DDR3

WINDOWS 8 PRO

MOTERBOARD IS A ASUS[FONT=Trebuchet] M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard, Socket AM3+, 4 x DDR3, M-ATX[/FONT]

dunno if any of them specs help you but thanks for any help or advise I recieve thanks guys.

Depends on:
1. how much money is left to spend on your graphics card.
2. What resolution your screen is.
3. What kind of games you play.

Depends on:
1. how much money is left to spend on your graphics card.
2. What resolution your screen is.
3. What kind of games you play.
Hi my resolution is 1024x768 I think I have between £50 and £100 pound to spend on a graphics card I play a lot of action games such as battlefield 3 arma 2 dayz I also play simulation games but I can't play any of them till I sort out a graphics card

What is your budget? You chose pretty outdated hardware. Also, Windows 8 Pro is not necessary. You can stick with the regular Windows 8.

Hi my resolution is 1024x768 I think I have between £50 and £100 pound to spend on a graphics card I play a lot of action games such as battlefield 3 arma 2 dayz I also play simulation games but I can't play any of them till I sort out a graphics card

A cheap graphics card like a GTX 650 or GTX 650Ti will be fine at that resolution. Or even something like a AMD Radeon 7790.

As for the CPU and motherboard, I would recommend a AMD FX6350 CPU + ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard. You can use the savings from Win 8 Pro to Win 8 regular and put them toward another 4GB of RAM.

A cheap graphics card like a GTX 650 or GTX 650Ti will be fine at that resolution. Or even something like a AMD Radeon 7790.

As for the CPU and motherboard, I would recommend a AMD FX6350 CPU + ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard. You can use the savings from Win 8 Pro to Win 8 regular and put them toward another 4GB of RAM.
Hi there thank you very much for your advice the graphics card you mentioned are the all pcie 2.0 and ddr3 ????

Jc713 thanks for the advice I have now changed my motherboard and CPU to the 1 u recommended I got windows 7 to save some money I went for 16gb ram and a 700w psu I brought the radeon hd7790 graphics card and it all seems to be working like a dream thank you very much for ur advice

Back