Green-Screen of Death / System Stability

Scot G. Russian

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've come to ask for help but I've been puzzled trying to solve this. I recently upgraded o the AM4 chipset from AM3+. I also very recently grabbed a ASRock RX 5700 GPU, which has for the most part been performing flawlessly.

However, recently I've had some crashing which seems to indicate my graphics card or some drivers have been failing. This has mostly been happening while playing games and my drivers are currently up to date.

System hardware:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
ASRock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6
Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung EVO 970 NVMe SSD

Other notes:

I was using Folding@home to help with Covid-19 research along with some friends and coworkers and I noticed if I was playing games while folding my CPU fan would either slow down drastically or stop completely and my temps would hover around 70 C. I changed power settings for min/max powerstate for CPU to be 20/85% respectively. Other issues in the past when I rebuilt my system were to under-clock RAM (instead of the 2933MHz my CPU can handle, sticking towards 2666MHz, and CPU power state being balanced instead of high performance)

I checked PCPartPicker before for my power supply and it seemed to be under, but I do have a few drives along with this (3 HDDs and 1 SATA SSD) which was estimated to be at ~470 of my 500W power supply.

Any advice or steps to help keep my system stable are very much appreciated.

Back