GT610 VG card problem

lahirusnow

I installed a new VG card EVGA GT610 and its plug to a HD 42" TV with a VGA cable.its work fine but sometime suddenly the screen going to be black,then when I turn off the TV and turn on again black screen disappearing and working fine..

before I install the VG card there wasnt a problem like this with the motherboard VG support

and when I use a HDMI cable to connect the VG card and TV it gives very low quality of the video so im using the VGA cable..
the VG card has also has a DVI slot..

and my current resolution is 1920X1080p
using monitor as a LED TV - 42inch

Please Help

The HDMI should provide much better quality than the VGA connector. What are your system specs (OS, CPU model, etc)?

The HDMI should provide much better quality than the VGA connector. What are your system specs (OS, CPU model, etc)?

my OS is Windows 7 ,Intel cor2duo e7200 processor 2.53Ghz speed , 2gb ddr 3 Ram,MSI p41 mother board.

Yes I heard that HDMI cable is good too but when I plug the HDMI cable it gives very poor quality than the VGA cable..even the text are blurred.I dont know why is that ?

today I watched a movie by using the VGA cable while that 3-4 times that black screen problem occur..
or pls tel me why the HDMI cable gives poor quality when I use it ?

pls help me to resolve it
thx

You are running Windows 7 32 bit right? We will update the driver first and then we can proceed with fixing the HDMI issue.

Ok, does the flickering issue that you have with the VGA occur also with the HDMI? Or is it just bad quality?

My PC can only transmit a 1600x900 resolution to my 1080P TV. I think it is because the card cant output anymore than the native resolution of my laptop. Your GT610 should be able to complete the job though.

If it is just bad quality, and no flickering issue, than just connect the HDMI, then proceed as follows:

To change the screen resolution:
  1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want (1920x1080), and then click Apply.
  3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.
[LEFT]
c976c8e1-2a05-4209-a850-ea7c43422c04_50.jpg
[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT](Courtesy of Microsoft)[/LEFT]

My PC can only transmit a 1600x900 resolution to my 1080P TV. I think it is because the card cant output anymore than the native resolution of my laptop. Your GT610 should be able to complete the job though.
Duplicating desktop will always be the same resolution. If you are spanning desktop, the second monitor should be capable of changing resolutions independently. Projection mode should also be able to project independent resolutions from that of the main monitor.

Are either of you capable of spanning desktop or using projection mode to accomplish a different resolution?

Duplicating desktop will always be the same resolution. If you are spanning desktop, the second monitor should be capable of changing resolutions independently. Projection mode should also be able to project independent resolutions from that of the main monitor.

Are either of you capable of spanning desktop or using projection mode to accomplish a different resolution?

Right! I wasnt thinking there.

I done this already..in this resolution it gives flickering and text are blurred.its only with the HDMI cable though..
but using the VGA cable gives very good quality of everything but the problem is black screen occurring suddenly to avoid that black screen I have to turn off the tv and turn on again at that time then it disappearing..but again after fe minutes it happens..pls help

Ok, does the flickering issue that you have with the VGA occur also with the HDMI? Or is it just bad quality?

If it is just bad quality, and no flickering issue, than just connect the HDMI, then proceed as follows:

To change the screen resolution:
  1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want (1920x1080), and then click Apply.
  3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.
c976c8e1-2a05-4209-a850-ea7c43422c04_50.jpg

(Courtesy of Microsoft)

I done this already..in this resolution it gives flickering and text are blurred.its only with the HDMI cable though..
but using the VGA cable gives very good quality of everything but the problem is black screen occurring suddenly to avoid that black screen I have to turn off the tv and turn on again at that time then it disappearing..but again after fe minutes it happens..pls help

Try seating the card in a different PCIe slot. If that doesnt work, your card is not working correctly. Can you return it to the place of purchase and buy a replacement? Or contact the video card manufacturer.

Try seating the card in a different PCIe slot. If that doesnt work, your card is not working correctly. Can you return it to the place of purchase and buy a replacement? Or contact the video card manufacturer.

thanks friend,I dont think now I can return it as I bought it from ebay and its been little bit time now .. :((

I would never buy PC parts from ebay. That is a given. The seller probably sold you a buggy card that didnt work well and listed it as new. For curiosity, how much did you buy it for?

I would never buy PC parts from ebay. That is a given. The seller probably sold you a buggy card that didnt work well and listed it as new. For curiosity, how much did you buy it for?

I paid 17+4 pounds for the card..arughh my bad..!! thank u very much for ur help ..!

So if im understanding correctly, your hooking in an HDMI to your GT 610 and its flickering/giving you a low quality picture etc correct and flickering randomly on a black screen till you reset with a VGA?

I think I know whats wrong as I had the exact same issue. I was trying to output using a low quality/pretty long HDMI from my old laptop to a 1080p 32inch Television and the quality was pretty repulsive with random flickering off and on. The 610 has a very low power output and is probably having trouble outputting in 1080p with enough power for it. My first thing I would suggest are some different cords the shorter the better. I dont think your 610 is officially "bad" yet, it may just have trouble handling the setup.

So heres my suggestions:
Try different HDMI's and VGA's preferably shorter ones if you can
Try the other ports on the card and TV
For the HDMI low quality, I would suggest checking Nvidia Panel and seeing what settings are used for it, there might be some odd default thats messing with it.

So if im understanding correctly, your hooking in an HDMI to your GT 610 and its flickering/giving you a low quality picture etc correct and flickering randomly on a black screen till you reset with a VGA?

I think I know whats wrong as I had the exact same issue. I was trying to output using a low quality/pretty long HDMI from my old laptop to a 1080p 32inch Television and the quality was pretty repulsive with random flickering off and on. The 610 has a very low power output and is probably having trouble outputting in 1080p with enough power for it. My first thing I would suggest are some different cords the shorter the better. I dont think your 610 is officially "bad" yet, it may just have trouble handling the setup.

So heres my suggestions:
For the HDMI low quality, I would suggest checking Nvidia Panel and seeing what settings are used for it, there might be some odd default thats messing with it.

Interesting points.

So heres my suggestions:

thank u for ur reply.
what my problem simply is
1) if I plug HDMI cable as the out put cable to the card its gives very poor quality like flicker and blurred.
2) if I plug VGA cable as the out put cable to the card its give better quality but sometime a black screen occurring suddenly..

and I have also try some different cables too but unfortunately it didnt make any difference ..
if somebody can guess what is the fault is ,I think he is a genius

If im correct, this is something like the card you have Link

So seeing this, you have direct connectors for both HDMI and VGA on the card with no adapters. In my opinion, it sounds like the output from the card is not strong enough for some reason (IE not enough power) to give proper video quality to the 1080p TV for some peculiar reason.

Can you try a different slot on your motherboard, I just cant seem to decide on a reason the card would be acting like this because on its specs it will support 2560x1600 so the resolution should not be a problem. After all the card may end up being bad, however I think you should try the HDMI and try just fiddling with all the setting on resolution and just go through your settings. Just by the way I understand your problem, it sounds like theres some setting messed up causing your video card to output that way, though the random black screen has me worried.

If im correct, this is something like the card you have Link

So seeing this, you have direct connectors for both HDMI and VGA on the card with no adapters. In my opinion, it sounds like the output from the card is not strong enough for some reason (IE not enough power) to give proper video quality to the 1080p TV for some peculiar reason.

Can you try a different slot on your motherboard, I just cant seem to decide on a reason the card would be acting like this because on its specs it will support 2560x1600 so the resolution should not be a problem. After all the card may end up being bad, however I think you should try the HDMI and try just fiddling with all the setting on resolution and just go through your settings. Just by the way I understand your problem, it sounds like theres some setting messed up causing your video card to output that way, though the random black screen has me worried.

thank u for ur reply ,I will try that too ,if it works I will post it here if not it is same

Yeah the card supports the resolution. It isnt a matter of not being powerful enough now, it is more of "does the card work?".

Yea it sounds like to me there's some power issue with the card honestly. It maybe bad, but it never hurts to try because then it could turn out to be something that never crossed your mind.

Back