GTA Online's next expansion focuses on what made the franchise great: grand theft auto

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Rockstar Games is going back to its roots by literally making "grand theft auto" the foundation of the next expansion for the ever-popular Grand Theft Auto Online.

Building on the supply chains introduced in Further Adventures in Finance and Felony this past June, Import/Export is all about stealing and dealing in high-end vehicles.

In lieu of the primitive smash-and-grab tactics typically associated with the franchise, Rockstar says it’ll take talent, coordination and the tactical use of new special vehicles for CEOs and their organizations to successfully boost, modify and resell the most desirable vehicles for top dollar.

Players will also have access to new vehicle warehouses and massive executive office garages, some of which can accommodate up to 60 vehicles. These new spaces can even be decked out with custom décor, we’re told.

Aside from a December release date for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC as well as the handful of screenshots embedded above, not much else is known about the update as of writing. The publisher encourages fans to stay tuned for further details including a glimpse of the new special vehicles that’ll accompany the expansion.

Permalink to story.

Great! now make it so we can do this crap in private sessions so I dont have to worry about 3 12 year olds with jets wasting large amounts of my time!
You can play GTA V online with "friends only" which is what you are looking for. Unless they took that out, with to my knowledge they have not.

You can play GTA V online with "friends only" which is what you are looking for. Unless they took that out, with to my knowledge they have not.

You cant do CEO missions or any of that in private sessions. They encourage players in public sessions to destroy your cargo in the middle of your missions, costing you hours of work and tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars, just so they get 2000-5000 dollars.

Speaking of GTA, that reminds me I haven't finished playing the campaign mode yet let alone any online stuff... which I don't care about anyway.

Once you go online you will never go back, especially if you have friends.
only if you have friends* :p

IDK what it is about this game. whenever Im deciding what I want to play, it sounds like so much fun, but then when you pop it in and try to play alone its an awfully boring experience. Brilliant with friends though

Back