kanue

recently i just built a computer system

specs:
i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V LV
700W psu
geforce 560 Ti
8 gb ram

recently popped the card in and ran battlefield 3 - then after a few mins the system beeped and went to a blue screen givin a error 0x00000f4

so after messing about i downloaded and installed asus smart doctor and when playing with bf3 it came up with warnings about the voltage

so searched thru google and from default i lowered down the voltage for the card from 1.50v(default) to 1.25v

and it worked!!!
but when i ended the game it restarted my pc so i did a few more tests

downloaded fumark and ran a stress test with the settings on default - results

1.50v default - gave me a blue screen in 2 mins
1.25v - lasted 3/4 mins then blue screen
1.20v / core 822 / 2100 - lasted 6/7 mins then blue screen

but why is it very unstable !!?? i shouldnt have to change anythin right?

dont know if this is the right place but really need help with this
its ither the card is a bad batch or iv done somthin wrong

oh p.s the fans are on 80%
temp of the cpu of the gcard is about min 23'c max 60'c ( when testing)

To ascertain whether or not the card is in some way defective, try it in another system (friend or colleague's machine) or try with another PSU if you can borrow one.

What program are you using to control the voltage? 1.50V default seems insanely high, mine runs at 1.05V

Can you post a screenshot, I didn't think afterburner would even let you get past 1.1V. Anything over that is considered unsafe, and to be honest I wouldn't go past 1.05/1.06V for 24/7 usage.

Do you have a link of where you bought the card from?

Those clocks and voltages look fine, so try the new PSU and see if that's any better.

If your only getting 10 volts on the 12 volt rail that will do it. It'll fry your card in time too. The brand of the PSU is important because the cheap units are cheap for a reason. The expensive brands will deliver the wattage they list. I've never heard of Storm Silent. If you know someone with a beefy power supply and it works in their system /w similar specs (i5 or above) that will tell you for sure.

Cheap PSU = dirty power, the voltage and ampage fluctuate. Go get a Corsair PSU they provide clean power and are rated 80%/90% efficient. And give you 40amps on your 12v rail. Also whats the cooler like on your card? Last 2 GFX cards ive had have required aftercoolers fitted, my GTX 570 superclocked was hitting 105c! until i got a Zalman 3000f on the beast. Now it idles at 32c and never goes above 60c even underload.

Cheap PSU = dirty power, the voltage and ampage fluctuate. Go get a Corsair PSU they provide clean power and are rated 80%/90% efficient. And give you 40amps on your 12v rail. Also whats the cooler like on your card? Last 2 GFX cards ive had have required aftercoolers fitted, my GTX 570 superclocked was hitting 105c! until i got a Zalman 3000f on the beast. Now it idles at 32c and never goes above 60c even underload.

Cheap PSU FROM a bad company is dirty power. Cheap PSU FROM a good company doesn't mean it's bad, it is designed to run on weaker systems and when installed on those systems it runs perfectly ;-)

In my opinion its never a good idea to skimp on the PSU when building a new system. Most newish mid too high range GFX cards reqiuire 40amps on the 12volt rail. So best bet is go get yourself a PSU thats rated 80% plus and states it provides the full 40amps, cheap or otherwise.

In my opinion its never a good idea to skimp on the PSU when building a new system. Most newish mid too high range GFX cards reqiuire 40amps on the 12volt rail. So best bet is go get yourself a PSU thats rated 80% plus and states it provides the full 40amps, cheap or otherwise.

of course! But if you have a very low-mid (in power) system there is no need to buy a very very good PSU cause it will be a waste of money ;-)

Suppose everyone is skint right now! So maybe paying the extra £20-£30 for a top brand PSU could be considered a waste of money. Paying the extra dosh for a better PSU could extend the life of other components in the system though, just a thought.

I have the exact same Grahics Card and mine doesn't go above 60oC.

Although I do get an issue with Battlefield getting choppy after 30 minutes and the nvidia driver will crash roughly 2 minutes after exiting the game?

I have a 750watt OCZ ZT which does offer the 30 amps needed.

I don't get blue screens or anything quite as bad, but I wonder if these Graphics cards are in need of a BIOS update to sort out these reliability issues?

Suppose everyone is skint right now! So maybe paying the extra £20-£30 for a top brand PSU could be considered a waste of money. Paying the extra dosh for a better PSU could extend the life of other components in the system though, just a thought.

Who said 20-30 Euros? If you have to pay 40 euros for a PSU then buy a PSU with 40 Euros from a Good company or pay 20-30 from a bad company, but this will destroy you (cause bad psus can damage ur system)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't say I've hand any issues with mine being unstable. I have mine overclocked to 1044/2088/2149 and it's really stable, only a driver crash here and there. :p

Back