Hacktivist group wants to out KKK members, but the list is bogus

dkpope

Staff

Anonymous, the hacking group that needs no introduction, has published a list of phone numbers and email addresses that they say belong to members of the Klu Klux Klan – and they say more is on the way. Computerworld reports that as of yesterday the group had posted email addresses and phone numbers to Pastebin. And according to a press release from the group, much more information will be published on Nov. 5, to coincide with the first anniversary of the Ferguson protests.

The info was distributed via Twitter accounts that have been known to deliver news from Anonymous in the past. They posted links to four different databases that contained over 50 phone numbers and over 20 email addresses. There’s a website dedicated to counting down to "HoodsOff 2015" — the day (Nov. 5) when Anonymous will release a barrage of information they say will reveal who is involved in the KKK.

However upon further inspection of the initial data dump, the information has been widely discredited. Members of the press reached to several of the persons listed who were adamant in denying any relationship with KKK. Furthermore, the list included nine politicians, four U.S. senators and five U.S. mayors, who have all publicly denied the claims. Meanwhile, the "official" OperationKKK account is distancing itself from the bogus dump.

The first time we heard about Operation KKK (also known as #OpKKK) was last year during the protests in Ferguson, MO. A local KKK chapter threatened protesters with violence, and then Anonymous hacked into a KKK Twitter account and released what they said was KKK member personal information.

One of the working theories is that the data released thus far belongs to a database hack, potentially from a KKK group, but it's been wrongly assumed that anyone whose contact information is in a KKK database must be a KKK member.

Permalink to story.

So KKK is about racial pride? That's the kind of deep thought you get exposed to by carrying your eyes around with you. I guess nazis were super-super-proud of themselves, then.

So KKK is about racial pride? That's the kind of deep thought you get exposed to by carrying your eyes around with you. I guess nazis were super-super-proud of themselves, then.

That's what it started as and that's what it is. It also happens to have an overwhelmingly supremacist majority and is nationalist, as are most other racial pride groups.

Ask the KKK who should dominate America: whites.

Ask the Black Panthers who should dominate America: blacks.

Ask La Raza who should dominate America: hispanics.

Hell, ask the Japanese (native, not American) what they think of the Chinese.

Going after Klan members, suspected or otherwise, is the political equivalent of jumping the shark. It's boring, unoriginal, and smacks of a desperate need to remain in the spotlight.

Edit: Also, on the Nazis... yes, fanatically so. All that boasting about the supremacy of the Aryan race wasn't an ironic declaration of shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's what it started as and that's what it is. It also happens to have an overwhelmingly a supremacist majority and is nationalist, as are most other racial pride groups.

Ask the KKK who should dominate America: whites.

Ask the Black Panthers who should dominate America: blacks.

Ask La Raza who should dominate America: hispanics.

Hell, ask the Japanese (native, not American) what they think of the Chinese.

Going after Klan members, suspected or otherwise, is the political equivalent of jumping the shark. It's boring, unoriginal, and smacks of a desperate need to remain in the spotlight.

Edit: Also, on the Nazis... yes, fanatically so. All that boasting about the supremacy of the Aryan race wasn't an ironic declaration of shame.

I was going to say that you won the site today, but I think you may actually have won the entire Internet. What I wouldn't give for more clear-thinking individuals such as yourself. If such people were in power we could solve most of society's problems within three generations.

I was going to say that you won the site today, but I think you may actually have won the entire Internet. What I wouldn't give for more clear-thinking individuals such as yourself. If such people were in power we could solve most of society's problems within three generations.

An ex girlfriend of mine once suggested I should run for government. "We need more people like you," she said. This was about a year or two before telling me that the US needed more authoritarianism. On the basis of these two events, I strongly recommend never supporting people like me for elected office. Thank you for your support.

That's the problem about keeping something clean, you must first get it clean. And the thought about what is clean is massively subjective now that we are so socially filthy. We are beyond cleaning, without someone getting hurt.

That's the problem about keeping something clean, you must first get it clean.

This is, in essence, the reason the KKK never achieved it's ambition. One cannot possibly hope to win a cultural or ethnic conflict with white uniforms. They soil too easily.

Phone call: "Hey I got this phone number from an Anonymous data dump... So are you affiliated in any way with the KKK?" Seriously what the F*** do you expect them to say?

Of course these politicians, mayors, congressmen, presidents, dictators etc. will vehemently deny being members of the KKK but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they are. In fact I'd be surprised if that list isn't correct. People are never whom they seem to be.

This so called group is not Anonymous and I laughed when the news said they have only been around for a year that is untrue. Anon is not a group, a structure a business or anything. It spans world wide and has many faces. You can bank that the real Anon could shut down or even control the internet if pushed but that is not what they are about. Anon has no interest in a smudge fest for political campaigning therefore they have no interest in who is a KKK member. Watch your back Huffington Post because your playing with fire!

KKK publicly lynched and murdered many black and white people, especially, from 1848 to 1973. They kept "freed men" from voting by killing them, beating them, or threatening their families. They never voted once on a single civil rights bill. And, those laws that did pass through Congress (including the 14th and 15th Amendments during the post-Civil War years) were ignored by the South. The KKK stood for evil and they stood together as Southern and Northern Democrats. You will see politicians on this list: federal and state down to the smallest municipalities.

Not surprised that the potential leak was not so accurate. It really all depends on the database they leaked, where it was from and etc. I'm not sure if the KKK keeps a record of all members on some form of online medium...

Back