Hi, Symantec picked up the hacktool.rootkit trojan on my laptop (in the new_drv.sys file). My computer is an IBM T42P running Windows XP with all the latest patches. This happened soon after extracting a RAR file, not sure if that's how the trojan installed itself. I've tried VundoFix but it could not find anything. I followed the instructions on the other thread here using Sysclean and AproposFix, but it did not work either. Attached is my HJT log. Many thanks for your help! Tommy *UPDATE* This log below is the original from 5/19. Since this log was made, I ran Spybot S&D and some other scans. See the next post for the latest log.