Had a bsod blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory corruption. Run memtest on your RAM. Read this link and follow the instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better.. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

thank you so much route44 we will try to do that later

i have 3 memory sticks 1 512 and 2 256 with different brands:eek:

and we changed our motherboard months ago

maybe thats why:dead:

thank you so much route44 we will try to do that later

i have 3 memory sticks 1 512 and 2 256 with different brands:eek:

and we changed our motherboard months ago

maybe thats why:dead:

Basically no one knows why memory goes. If you do find it is corrupted memory let us know what motherboard you installed and how much memory it is designed for. If you are running XP then 2 gigs will do you well. We'll help you find the right memory. Also, different brands can work just as long as they are the same in specs.

hi i just want to ask i already downloaded the mem test86+ 2.11
extracted it and burned it to a blank cd
pressed f2 and changed the boot settings
when i start my pc it says
reboot or insert a bootable disk (something like that) and press any key
i just leave the cd in my cd rom
(sorry we dont really know much about computers:eek:)
and not so familiar with specs:blackeye:
what will i do

we are using xp professional
p4v88
intel celeron 2.40
256 ge force 5500 vid card
kingston 512 mem card
and the other 2 memory cards 256 each dont know the brands we bought it 2nd hand but it is written there pc2100 ddr 266mhz

thank you

When you burn a CD/DVD for this purpose, you must make a bootable CD or DVD first, then add the program you want to boot with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back