Half Life 2 Graphic Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Hey guys, haven't posted here in awhile, but I have a graphic issue with Half Life 2. The textures/reflections of some objects are unfiltered, it seems, and cause the textures on some surfaces to appear blocky. I've included attachments of the pics taken.

My specs are as follows:

AMD Sempron Le-1100 @ 2.3Ghz
Geforce 6100/nForce 430 Mobo
2 gigs of Kingston 667mhz RAM
PCI-E Forsa Geforce 6600 GT @ 550Mhz/1.25Ghz
Western Digital 80g 7200 RPM
Windows XP SP3

I have the latest drivers for everything excluding my video card - which are the Forceware XP 81.98s.

EDIT: It's kinda hard to see in the second shot, however all the reflections on the hazardous waste are unfiltered.

EDIT # 2: Anyone know the fastest driver for my current video card and Half Life 2?

Attachments

• hl21.JPG
    hl21.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 20
  • hl22.JPG
    hl22.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
  • hl23.JPG
    hl23.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 16
Yes, the game isn't top notch, as it was when it was released, however, having played it on my old 9800Pro, the textures appeared to be fine (filtered). On the 6600GT they are non-filtered, which makes the individual colors or patterns appear as a bunch of squares, if that makes any sense. Thanks for your reply, though.

u might wanna try upgrading your video card to a 7000 series or 9000 series

or the amd equivalent of those above

that might be the best route for u

i have a 9800 gt hybrid and the only things that really change in the game is the reflections and textures

other wise theres really no change to it

hell even the console versions look the same lol

The 6600GT does not meet the recommended system requirements of Half life 2. To get the same results as when you played it with the 9800Pro.

So if you want to get that you will need to change you graphic card to at least Geforce 7 or 8 series or even higher.

The 6600GT does not meet the recommended system requirements of Half life 2. To get the same results as when you played it with the 9800Pro.

So if you want to get that you will need to change you graphic card to at least Geforce 7 or 8 series or even higher.

I always thought a 6 series was the recommended for Half Life 2 when it was released. It has SM 3.0, and the game runs flawless on it, 1280res with 2x AA and 8x AF.

Also, to avoid confusion, the 9800Pro was an ATi card.

However, I will look up some 7 or 8 series for cheap. Thanks for the replies guys.

yea dont go by the reccomended cuz usualy there not right

its best to go above the recommended in any game for the pc

if your looking for a video card with physics support look in to a 8800 card or 9000 series

other than that have fun lol

The requirements you see was the minimum requirements for the game, thus the game will work but not with all graphic features on. So as omegafate mentioned is recommend to always go beyond the requirements stated for games. A 7series would be fine normally but if you can afford buying and 8 series it would be better but the late 7 series will work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back