Half life 2 load time = 2 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diget

OMG i just got half life 2 and the loading time i have clocked at 2 friggin minutes.
i have win XP, ATI Radeon xpress 1150, an AMD Sempron processor, 1.5 ghz, and 500 mb of ram.
can i fix this and if so how?

Hi

HL2 takes just as long to load on the Xbox, its quite an indepth game with an AI engine..might be why

Adding some RAM might help a little but your laptop is just a bit over the minimum specs for the game so there isn't a whole lot you can do.

i just clocked it at 5 minutes and 22 sec.........WTH OMG. this is really killing the game.

You really need a PC with better specifications. How about a nice desktop?

You really need a PC with better specifications. How about a nice desktop?

Absolutely agree with mailpup. However, even with those specs I wonder if 5mins and 22sec is a little too long.

i have a dell desk top pc.
it has windows xp, an intell(R) 82865G Graphics controller, a pentium 4 processor with 2.80 GHZ., i "fixed" the game buy trashing the disk and just re-installing the game with a friends....uhm..... "shady" disk that was modded to be stand alone and the game ran fine, loaded in less that 30 sec. i put it on my desktop instead of my laptop because i installed windows 7 beta and it made my laptop suck monkey ball. "don't get windows 7, it lags and doesn't like to communicate well with newly installed Hardware." Windows XP RULES
ant ways windows 7 raped half life 2 and caused it to lagg really bad to the point that if you shrank the game screen and opened up task manager it would tell you that half life 2 had stopped responding. "when i say shrink the game screen i mean putting on 640x780 resolution in a window." windows 7 didn't want to run the game well for some reason. idk why?
now mind you i tried installing my disk of HL2 on my desk top and it was bad but not as bad as on my laptop. the loading time went down from 5 min to about 1min 30 sec which was all right but not great.

. "don't get windows 7, it lags and doesn't like to communicate well with newly installed Hardware." Windows XP RULES

Someone has a habit of not reading the minimum specs :)

" If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

* 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
* 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
* 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
* DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
"

I am surprised windows 7 would install at all. Of course it is going to kill your machine as you are going to be hitting virtual memory instantly (ie instead of using RAM your computer is using your Hard Drive to store running programs). Increasing your RAM is the best thing you can do in this case and shouldn't be too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back