Hallo to all. I have a page fault problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone my friends Dell dimension 1100 has a page fault in non paged area problem.
Having read quite a lot about the issue here i have tried many things but i cannot get past the blue screen. I have the reinstallation cd but machine wont load it____I get to the message "press any key to load cd" and nothing, it wont load.
The stop message is 0x00000050 etc.
My question really is, considering my friend has nothing they would miss on the machine, can i reformat the the hard drive and do a new install of windows xp from the reinstallation disk that came with the computer? Would this work?
Thanks to all, great site and keep up the good work, John

Yes you should be able to reformat/reinstall from the disk(s) came with the computer. By starting a fresh you should have lot less problems as well (provided there are no hardware issues hopefully) .

Good luck and let us know if we could be of any help.

Page fault problem.

I did not reformat the disk. Instead i moved the memory from one slot to another. Everything then booted up fine.Then a run 32 Dll error came up and closed the machine down, this happened twice. Third time the dll error message came up but did not close the machine down and it seems to be working ok now. I wish i understood the logic of all this.
I wonder if anyone here has experienced the same thing? Time to go and find out what a 32 dll error is.
Thanks again and problem free computing to all. John

Probable explanation can be that dust on the module connectors, did you clean them before inserting the ram back in bank?

Glad you sorted it out though; have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back