Hard drive from one laptop to another?

I'm trying to buy a new gaming laptop, the Acer Predator Helios 300 but the problem is that I can only get one with 256 GB for a fine price (the 1TB one is way overpriced, around $400 more)

I really need 1 TB

I have an Hp Envy 17 inch touchscreen laptop with a 1 TB hard drive (windows 10), is it possible to put it in the helios 300 laptop if I were to buy the laptop?

I'm also open to other laptop options that I should buy around $600-1000

It will won't but you will have to format the replacement hard drive on your new laptop because the new laptop is different from your HP laptop in terms of hardware drivers. It's not a matter of simply inserting the SSD drive expect it to work. You'll have to format and reinstall the OS with the new drivers etc.

Your choice is a good one. But I would recommend you to read some reviews and maybe choose another model.

@Muncher is spot on - - fraught with all kinds of compatibility issues. By the time you buy a 1TB drive and get it all working, you would have been time/effort & $$USD ahead to buy the preinstalled OS with the hardware of your choice.

Don't forget that an external USB drive can be used for any data storage need and the 256gb native will still run all the programs you ever want.

Back