Have a GTX 460 1GB... upgrade suggestions... (SLI or ?)

So I have a EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB...

Wondering should I just buy a 2nd GTX 460 and SLI since I already have one (Since the 2nd card would cost only $175 or so) or should I just invest into a better single card.

Also I know that PCI Express 3.0 is coming and the Next Gen Nvidia cards in the near future... So I don't really want to shell out for the GTX 580 and have it become "obsolete" like my GTX 295 did.

My thought is... get another GTX460 (To make SLI) and hold out for the next gen Nvidia Cards... But with battlefield 3 coming in a couple of weeks I am scared I won't be able to run High/Ultra settings without the 2nd card (I know that total ultra requires uber hardware but I can make "hybrid" settings).

So what do you think? Is the SLI going to provide enough boost or should I just invest in the GTX580 knowing that it's replacement is looming...

either way you would have around the same performance but the gtx 580 will still be viable as a gaming card for a while it can max any game at 1920x1080 which i presume you are playing at. IMO just save your money and buy a new card when they come out. I am playing BF3 with a gtx 470 OC beyond 480 speeds and my brother plays with a gtx 280 and has not had any problems.

I just upgraded from a 9800GTX+ to a GTX 580. it was a huge jump in performance. if your not having problems in games then maybe you should wait until Nvidia to release new cards.

For the money it's definitely worth it. Buy another 460, be content with having better than 580 performance for 1/3 the cost (assuming proper SLI support with games), and when new-gen components come out, you can just sell them, though you'd have to settle for making only about $200-240.

Back