Have a medion that keeps rebooting by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

mao045

I had here a Medion m3 Composer5100 msn-#100005092 Everest Home Edition that a friend brought over that just keeps rebooting before it can get loaded up
when he brought it over he said it just started doing this, i looked inside and found that the cpu fan and heatsink and came loose and was against the video card,
i fixed that problem (put in new clips) but it still just keeps cycling
I even tried to crash the system with the os and windows disks to no avial!
can somebody please help?

Can you get it to at least respond to F8 request to go into safe mode? If so, see if you have the option to "Disable Automatic Reboot after Failure" and see if you get a BSOD error. Often the cyclical reboot is so fast you can see the Blue Screen error. If you can get to the Blue Screen error it should give you some indication of the problem. Most of those that I have seen do that, have a hard drive problem but not all. Also, go into setup and disable fast boot so that you can see the full power on self test (POST) to see if it is reporting any errors.

Tracy

yes Tracy
i have a couple of times been able to get to the screen right after pushing the F-8 was where it asked , safe mode, safe mode command prompt, reboot to last known good config., and restart windows is all i remebbering seeing

When you reattached the heatsink, did you clean the old paste off and apply new?

yes that was the first thing i did was to clean not only the cpu fanand heatsink but to clean out the whole computer and i eve took and resitted the video card and the modem card and unplugged all elct. connections and replugged them back to make sure all had good connections (which i did 1 at a time)and even resitted the ram chips. thanks for yours and everybodys input1:)

I repeat, 'When you reattached the heatsink, did you clean the old paste off and apply new?'

I didn't ask about dusting the house!

'again yes i cleaned the fan, heatsink and put new paste(heatsink paste)'

You DID NOT say that in your original reply.

In any event, check that the heatsink is correctly attached - if it isn't 'square' the cpu will still overheat.

To save me looking it up, if he has onboard video, remove the add-on card and try it. If not, he needs to try another vid card as he may have shorted that one out.

You will/may sometimes have 'video' from the Bios vga show up until you try to transfer to the vid card.

That is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back