Having problems with time

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden

Hi, I have just installed xp every time I log in, I get the wrong time and have to keep setting it! No problem with the date settings!
can anyone help?
thanks

what does the bios time say? do you use a timeserver to synch - maybe one in a different time zone?

I been it to bios and it yesterday time, sam as on screen! when was instaling windows I used to setting for London etc! what do you mean by the timeserver to synch ?

kind regards
Golden

if you double click the clock in the tray the 'date and time properties' window opens. from the third tab called 'internet time' you can set a timeserver to automatically sync the time... just a thought but if you installed yourself and didn't change it then it probably isn't the cause.

Thanks Guy! am ging to do that and let you know:approve:

To set cmos do I need to take the Small battery out?

Hi guy
dose any of you know how I can move the gage in my screen resoution setings? as it will not move, it stick on 800 by 600 pixels!

Yep, you need to remove the battery on the mobo for about 1-2 minutes and put it back in.

As for your resolution settings, you may not have the correct drivers installed for your video card.

Hi I tryed removing cmos form the MOB for 5min and reset time from bios and display! no joy I woke up this morning, unfortionly the time as not charged it appear to be set on the same time I left it! any more ideas guys? maybe a new cmos battery is needed!

I notice the date also as not charged1 it showing yesterday's date I also changed hard having same problem! anyone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back