HDA audio bus driver required, not found

Hi can u help me.... when I install my audio device... it says that HDA audio bus driver required. not found.... what should I do????
motherboard system manufacturer- NEC

BIOS - pheonix note bios 4.0 release 6.0...
pls help....

You still running XP SP2? If so, upgrade to SP3. Otherwise
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

SORRY FOR DUPLICATING THIS QUESTION I ONLY WANY UR ATTENTION FAST
,I have this problem with my HP 6730s.I just bought the HD and installed it.I visited HP support site and was able to get some drivers working.But when the sound was to be installed it says HDA Audio Bus Driver not found. I have read your reply to similar troble and I am attaching the Dxdiag report in addition to the 'problem devices" report I paste below.Pls assist my system is not talking

Not AvailableACPI\HPQ0004\3&B1BFB68&0The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not AvailableACPI\HPQ0006\2&DABA3FF&0The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI DevicePCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3614103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&D8The drivers for this device are not installed.
USB DeviceUSB\VID_03F0&PID_171D\5&A5416BA&0&1The drivers for this device are not installed.

Attachments

• MyDxDiag.txt
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
@resolva
You should thank one of our wonderful moderators who moved your post to somewhere more appropriate. This current thread and forum are at least consistent with your problem!

If you want to bring someone's attention to a thread, you simply "tag" them in the thread like LookinAround. TechSpot notifes them that they've been tagged in a particular post.

At other times, it's sometimes best to create your own new thread for your problem. See Guide to making a good post/thread. In such case, you can still tag anyone you want notified of your new thread.

I'm swamped right now, looking at several different problems people have posted. Someone else may also be able to help here with your problem. In any case, I will check back in a few days to see what progress is doing

Back