HDD cannot be formatted

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the condition.

i have 1 harddisk(40G) which partition into 2 drive(20G x 2).

i want to format it so i boot it with xp cd. i want to delete both partition and do a new installation. whe i press 'L' to confirm delete it jup back to previous screen and the 2 partition still there.

after that i try use 98 bootdisk to delete the partition. this time i manage to delete the partition(everything looks normal) but after i reboot and go in again that 2 partition come back again .

so i try 3rd method. i put it as a slave harddisk and boot into another OS. i try format using disk management, but results show fail when close to 100%. so i try to delete all file and folders inside both partition, after i delete all and reboot again all file is still there,

i wonder how this can happen and anyone know how to solve this problem?

Armor3dOrange said:
Is this disk management program the program that came on the cd with your Harddrive when you bought it?

nope...the disk management is 1 of function in win xp..
FYI. i use disk management from another harddisk OS instead of the problem 1.

Some Hard drives come with their own bootable disks that can format the harddisk, create partitions, check for errors, etc. If you still have the one that came with your hard disk, trying using that. Otherwise, you may be able to download it off the manufacturer website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back