HDD Is Not Recognised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a acer aspire 5315 notebook, running windows vista home basic.. i decided to reboot it, during this it froze. everything went corrupt. i purchased spotmau powersuite professional 2008 (spotmau.com) this allows you to speed up your computer , format , partion HDD's etc etc. this allows me to see my hitatchi 80.00 GB HDD but when i try to load it in bios it goes to a black screen and in the top left corner with a underscore line that continues to flash. i have been told this is where the computer cannot find the HDD. if i run a windows disc to install windows it gets to a point where it cant find my hardrive to save windows to. does anyone know how to format or do something that will enable my hardrive to be able for usage ? ( my hardrive has been completly wiped so its now blank and has been formatted to NTFS, yet it cant be recognised in bios)
Many Thanks
Nath Tuckey

The hard drive may be bad. Get a USB external enclosure and try formatting it on another system. If it can't be seen, you have a bad drive or the master boot record is destroyed

ok thanks akthough i have no idea what the last bits mean. so get a hardrive USB docking station and attempt to install windows on their ?

Take the notebook into a repair shop and have them fix it for you. It will save you a lot of time and effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back