HDMI issues

rwillis

Hello,
For several weeks now I have been having a strange problem. I've been connecting my asus laptop (win7, radeon hd4670) to my tv via hdmi. However, recently, after anywhere between a few seconds to several minutes the display will disappear on the tv (no message or anything, just black) but the sound will remain. If I turn off the tv and turn it back on the display will reappear, only to have the problem repeat.

Its not the tv, tried other hdmi devices. Not the cable, used other cables. I've reinstalled the latest catalyst drivers, didn't help. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

You can try going into your gfx display settings or windows display settings(I think) and make it so when you do plug it into the tv it shuts off the laptop screen... Its worth a shot.

It was the tv. AFTER reinstalling windows and going through tons of trouble trying different cables and whatnot I realized that the display wasn't actually gone - I just needed a flashlight to be able to see it and look really close. Apparently this is a widespread issue with samsung tv's.

Back