1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Headset Microphone records noises straight from my computer

By mikeyreza
Jul 4, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have been experiencing this problem for ages, and I haven't been able to find a single fix. Basically, when I play a youtube video or my friends speak in a call, my microphone will pick up that noise. It cant be an issue with my headset being too loud/close to the microphone because my microphone will still echo noise even when my headset is deafened. I get a temporary fix when I re-plug in my mic and headset, but that also doesn't work sometimes. I have tried pretty much every solution on the web and nothing works. In fact, I just plain can't. Examples of solutions I have tried:
    -turn off hot mic
    -mute microphone in speaker settings
    -a lot of other things which I cannot recall off the top of my head
    If someone can give me an answer to this issue, I will be forever grateful. Thank you in advance.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,062   +1,187

Sorry, not enough info to make any definitive suggestion. Per Microsoft:

" Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    • Run the audio troubleshooter
    • Fix your audio driver
    • Check cables, volume
    • Set default device
    • Turn off Audio Enhancements
    • Try different audio formats
    • Restart to apply installed updates
    • If you have no sound after installing updates
    • For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter. It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.
    • To run the troubleshooter: select the Start Windows logo Start button button, type audio troubleshooter in the search box, select Find and fix audio playback problems from the list of results"

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...