Help, building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend going for the E8400 as you mentioned and changing the motherboard to a Gigabyte P35-DS3L or an ASUS P5K. Also, why are you getting PC2-8000 RAM? This RAM kit will be perfect, even if you're looking to OC it.
In addition, I recommend the Corsair VX550W over your current choice.
Lastly, for a few bucks more, this video card is a much better performer than the HD 3870.
Everything else looks good. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Alright, I was confused about the CD drive, I didn't know what to look for, but if you're saying it will all work, I'm assuming it was the right choice.

The DVD writer supports LightScribe and is a SATA one plus is from a good company, so it's perfectly fine. I'd recommend some case fans as well. The Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, Yate Loon D12SM-12 or the Panaflo M1A (120mm) are recommended.

Do you think that'd be necessary with the Antec? It comes with three 120mm fans, plus a 200mm fan on the top.

It might be okay, but I usually replace the fans that come with the case. It just depends on what does it for you. If you want, get everything and then see if the Antec's fans are quiet enough for you and push enough air. If they cool your system well enough, you won't need the new fans.

I'd recommend this fan instead. It pushes more air at lower noise levels so it will be more silent than the Antec ones for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back