Help building a PC

po678

Hey guys
I am completely new to the building pc stuff.well i am going to build a pc but i have no clue which motherboard or which processor or which graphic card or PSU or ram to choose.There are tons of motherboards out there and i have no clue which one to choose and by the way the total amount of the pc must be 700 $ or below. I Have a dvd rom drive,Speakers,keyboard,mouse,LCD monitor. i just need a cpu.
SO please help
Thankyou

Also THIS PSU is a good choice and comes in a lot cheaper.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817702010&Tpk=BFG 550
This quote from Newegg's overview was enough to make me want one, "BFG proves once again that they have their finger on the pulse of the gaming community. The GS-550 is a highly efficient power supply at a reasonable price. They wrapped the whole thing in a black chrome finish that will enhance the look of any gaming rig."

Who could resist or argue with that. :rolleyes:

wow thanks a lot guys....am definitely going to check these in the market...thnkyou guys :)))

The GS-550 is rated for 550W at 25C, which likely means it'll supply something like 450W under normal case temps (around 40C). No Active PFC either, so efficiency's probably in the 60s or 70s. Not recommended.

This is a better PSU for about the same price as the GS-550.

But if the OP is willing to spend that much on the 450VX, I'd recommend the OCZ StealthXStream 600SXS or the Antec Neo ECO 620W, with the Antec being the more expensive of the two. The Antec also has better build quality compared to the OCZ, but both are significantly better than the GS-550 and the 430CX.

The 430CX is replacing the 400CX, and it's made by CWT using their DSA platform. It's decent, but not as good as the Seasonic-built 400CX. I'm guessing Seasonic's getting expensive, so Corsair decided to go with CWT instead.

sooo....am confused which brand PSU should i get and how much w? like is 430w enough to run the whole pc i mean the graphic card might need good power isnt it?

The card likely sucks down about 220-230W, so a quality 450-500W PSU should be fine. It's more an issue of how much you get for the price, really.

The 450VX is a high-quality unit, but is costly (without considering the rebate). The same amount will get you an equally high-quality PSU in the form of the Antec, which will allow you headroom to get a more powerful card in the future (or run two GTX 460s, assuming you don't OC your CPU too much).

You could also opt for the middle-of-the-road OCZ PSU; it has relatively good-quality internals (a notch or two below the Antec & Corsair's internals) and will also allow for an upgrade, but will not be able to power two GTX 460s. It is also cheaper than either the Antec or the Corsair PSU, even when taking rebates into account.

The 430CX is replacing the 400CX, and it's made by CWT using their DSA platform. It's decent, but not as good as the Seasonic-built 400CX. I'm guessing Seasonic's getting expensive, so Antec decided to go with CWT instead.
This is a typo right? You did mean "Corsair"?

sooo....am confused which brand PSU should i get and how much w? like is 430w enough to run the whole pc i mean the graphic card might need good power isnt it?
Anyway...
Here are three recommended choices, in order of my personal preference, the corsair being my favorite:
CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Active PFC Power Supply

Unless you plan on purchasing an additional GTX460 later, in which case you'll want to consider the corsair 550w and a different motherboard.

oh cool thanks....i have also heard corsair is a famous brand....and no i dont have any plans of getting two graphic cards ( sli and crossfire stuff)...am just a casual gamer so one card would put a smile on my face :)

Like hellokitty[HK] 's system
700dhs GPU
225dhs PSU
297dhs mobo
350dhs CPU
300dhs ram
299dhs HDdisk
[DVDROM
CASE
KEYBOARD
MOUSE
Monitor]
Is there anything else i should get?
and yeah i converted the $ to UAE currency thats where i live
So anything else i should got?

oh cool thanks....i have also heard corsair is a famous brand....and no i dont have any plans of getting two graphic cards ( sli and crossfire stuff)...am just a casual gamer so one card would put a smile on my face :)

Like hellokitty[HK] 's system
700dhs GPU
225dhs PSU
297dhs mobo
350dhs CPU
300dhs ram
299dhs HDdisk
[DVDROM
CASE
KEYBOARD
MOUSE
Monitor]
Is there anything else i should get?
and yeah i converted the $ to UAE currency thats where i live
So anything else i should got?

Yes, some decent roller-bearing silent fans to fit your chosen case. Unless your spending loads of money on a top quality one the fans will almost certainly be loud and cheap. It's the first thing I did to my new Dell PC when it arrived. :D

I would also consider a DVD-RW optical drive over a DVD-ROM, purely so you can burn discs. You also need some speakers, unless you already have some.

Wow dude, where're you getting the GPU that cheap from? I'm in the market for one as well!

am just converting the cost us dollars to UAE dirhams.....most probably ill go tomorrow to al ain center aka computer plaza located in burdubai near mankhool road to check the prices if its too much i would go for another Graphic card

Yes, some decent roller-bearing silent fans to fit your chosen case. Unless your spending loads of money on a top quality one the fans will almost certainly be loud and cheap. It's the first thing I did to my new Dell PC when it arrived. :D

I would also consider a DVD-RW optical drive over a DVD-ROM, purely so you can burn discs. You also need some speakers, unless you already have some.

ill think about getting some additional fans but if they are costly ill have to forget about it hehe.....money is a little tight right now for me....i do have a dvdRW actually supports dual layer dvds so i am good to go.....and yeah ofcourse i have speakers...like i said i just need a whole CPU :)

am just converting the cost us dollars to UAE dirhams.....most probably ill go tomorrow to al ain center aka computer plaza located in burdubai near mankhool road to check the prices if its too much i would go for another Graphic card

It won't be that cheap; add about 200-300 bucks to the price. That's how much I found it for at Quality Computers in Bur Dubai.

dam......i dont understand why electronics have big prices in dubai....in new egg its kinda half of the dubai price

dam......i dont understand why electronics have big prices in dubai....in new egg its kinda half of the dubai price

You could argue the same as it is here in the UK.

In the UK we're near enough paying in £(GBP) what our counterparts are in $(USD). Doesn't take much to work out we're paying A LOT more! :(

They charge you extra because they know most people don't know where else to go. Also, whatever price they quote is usually also the price you'd get if you ordered that single item online, after adding shipping charges of course. The only problem is brands: EVGA, XFX & BFG are rarely available. The most popular brands I've seen here are MSI, Leadtek & Gigabyte, which aren't bad, but not as reliable as the previous three brands, from experience.

You do have another option; I ordered my PSU from Outpost.com (aka Frys.com), and it was about 500 bucks total, with shipping charges included. The PSU itself was for $100 on the site. Not a bad deal IMHO, and it arrived in two days via DHL. You could consider that, and it actually may work out cheaper if you order more than one item, since shipping charges apply on the weight of the entire order, not per-item. (not 100% sure of this; maybe others can confirm). You'd need a credit card though. =\

Back