Help, experiencing BSOD ntfs.sys/viahdua.sys

Angelville

hi, this is my first time here. I've been experiencing frequent BSOD with different message such as ntfs.sys, viahdua.sys / IRQL_not_less_or equal...or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

When I insert a new hardware such as printer, webcam, usb, headset, camera and external hard drive I will get a BSOD..Further, when i am playing music in media player and i try to open new media (movie) in vlc player or the likes another BSOD and when i start new software such as pdf converter...

i'm using windows XP

hope that you could help me guys...

Hardware

I had something simlilar to this, everytime i used USB or tried to use my sound in anyway i got BSOD.

Not sure if your problem is the same thing, but it was a stick of RAM that had passed its time, i booted my computer with 1gb, then added the rest slowly, give that a try. :)

I always got a warning too about virtual memory low..but my drive c is still have 3gb space available..my RAM is 896mb only does that mean I should upgrade it?
thanks..

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

With your various error codes and symptoms do CJ Casanova's advice first and tell us the results.

Your one code was 0x8E and they are almost always caused by hardware and pointing to your DVD drive but I am more suspicious of your memory as the issue.

I would test it first before going out and buying new RAM. I said I was suspicious, not definite. :)

hi, sorry..take me sometime to come back

i don't have spare RAM to test so I took a risk and bought a 2gb RAM..it's been three weeks since i upgraded my memory so far i don't have BSOD yet..

its a big help so wanna extend my gratitude to CJ and techspot..I can work faster now without interruption of BSOD..again thank you so much

Back