Help! Hijackthis log deciphering needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am an absolute computer novice but am trying to clean up my laptop. Have downloaded AVG, a registery thingee and Hijackthis today and am hoping to just sort it all out.
For some reason my computer wont allow hijackthis to create a log, so I prtsc'ed it and copied it into paint for you to see.
I'm hoping someone can let me know what things I need to delete and what should stay.
I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

Sarah.

Attachments

• HijackThis Log.jpg
    HijackThis Log.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 1
Sarah, please tell me what problems you're having that made you decide to run HijackThis.

And you should know a couple of things:
First, when we do ask you to run HijackThis, we do no expect you to know what entries need to be removed- if any. Most of the entries in that log are legitimate and normal.

Second, we don't screen' a system for malware with HijackThis.'. If you are having problems that make you suspect malware, we ask that you follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, please leave those logs for review.

Note: You won't find HijackThis in those steps. We have you run it later, towards the end of cleaning, not the beginning. And when you do leave the log for us, it's important that you include the heading at the top of the log as well as the entries.

As for a problem with getting the log, if needed, we'll guide you at that time.

And lastly, that registery thingee you used- get rid of it! You are by admission a computer novice. We don't recommend that anyone use a registry cleaner. Those programs will often do more harm than good and you aren't knowledgeable enough to know if what is found "should" be removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back