Help - is it toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I've had WD external hard drive for a few months now - details: connects via USB and has an external power source.
I have another software key connected to the other usb - one day out of the blue - they both just stopped working :confused: okay...so I plugged the "key" into the back - nada, the "key" is very expensive very reliable - has worked for years. So I call suppport - they helped me to map it to the drive again. Smile - all's well with the world...

except: External Hard Drive isn't working!! its seen in that "safely remove hardware" icon thingy - It's seen in the disk manager see details:
Disk manager:
USB storage device, it's enabled and driver is USBSTOR.SYS
Disk drives: it's there driver is disk.sys
BUT
it's NOT in disk management - there's no "partition" (right word?) for it.
It's lighting up, it's running, just can't see it in disk management and not in My computer.

Please please please I DO NOT want to reformat - simply can't lose the pix and vids of kid's first steps...I mean he's running havoc all over the house now but nevertheless....and I do have work related things on there as I did get the external as a backup (obviously cd's would have been a better choice it appears)

Please any advice?

Thanx a mill
Shaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back