Help Me Access My Lexar Jump Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Me Access My Lexar Jump Drive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem is that I have this actual jumpdrive and guess what...? I forgot my password and I need to access the information. "My [The password] is stored in an XOR encrypted form and can be read directly from the device without any authentication." my question is how do I access the XOR Form and Where or how to I access it? Could someone please help me solve this?

Industry News

Lexar JumpDrive Password Scheme Cracked

By Phantasm66, TechSpot.com
Published: September 15, 2004, 11:47 AM EST
The Lexar JumpDrive® Secure USB Flash Drive is described as having security as a key feature - thus the name. "The pre-loaded security software means that your information will be subject to password-protected 256-bit AES encryption. Lost or stolen, your data is safe." Buy one of these babies and your data is secure? Think again. Slashdot have something else to say. According to a security advisory here, that claim is total rubbish.

"The password can be observed in memory or read directly from the device, without evidence of tampering." And best of all, the punch line: "[The password] is stored in an XOR encrypted form and can be read directly from the device without any authentication."

TechSpot, as a matter of policy, does not become engaged in Password issus. You may have better luck on another tech site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back