Help me pick a new AM3+ motherboard please!

They are all good boards. We use Gigabyte boarfds in our compuer for resale, becasue we have found we have fewer failures and problems that come waling back into the shop.

But otherwise, I would probably go with the ASUS LGA 1155 for my own computer build

It would be helpful to know how you use a computer... how you connect... how much of your work has to do with images... games... high speed work, and whether it would be used by children or old folks.

First you have to decide if you want an AMD or Intel processor, you have to look at the performance/price ratio for the CPU and motherboard together.

I have the Gigabyte board in my current build and it's been running great so far. I'm not 100% certain it's reporting my CPU temps correctly though (I have a thread on here about that exact topic actually) so if you plan to do any overclocking I'd wait until I have a consensus on that first. Wouldn't want you frying your new FX processor because of a faulty censor.

LGA 1155 for AM3?

Personally I use GA 990XA-UD3 and are pretty happy with it. But you should make sure you get memory from their compatible list.

Back