Inactive Help needed for message: Buffer Overrun Detected Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I seem to have picked up a problem that is driving me mad at the moment and I would really appreciate any help. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I'm getting the following message when I attempt to open some folders in windows explorer that I downloaded recently. I had it a few weeks before with a folder and simply deleted it, but it not seems to have reappeared so obviously there is a deeper problem than just the file itself. The message is as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

"Buffer overrun detected!
Program: C:\windows\explorer.exe
A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated".

I have done scans with the following and to no avail:

Norton
Spyware Doctor
Spybot: Search & Destroy

I have attached the hijackthis log file for you to have a look at.

Many thanks in advance

Daniel

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.2 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to TechSpot! I'll help you sort through this problem.

However, we don't 'screen' for malware using HijackThis. If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

I'll be glad to check the logs, but here is something you can also do: Runtime errors are frequently caused by addons or plugins. Going to Tools in IE> Manage addons and removing all of the addons will then allow you to put them back, one at a time. Then check the system in between. IF you find the offending addon, remove it and leave it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back