Help needed to recover admin info on XP

HI Toy. Can you please tell us what information it is you would like to recover? Also, what version of Xp do you have, Pro or Home?

I have Xp professional and I can not chose the admin profile from the welcome screen.I'm only allowed to chose the secondary the secondary limited profiles

ruready could easily answer that one for you but since he's offline and i just saw you post, thought i'd reply

Several options
1) At the windows Welcome logon screen, hit Ctl-Alt-Del twice to be able to logon to Administrator account OR

2) Boot into Safe Mode. Then Admin user account is displayed OR

3) You can also use the tweakui tool to permanently change the display/hide option on user accounts

I have Xp professional and I can not chose the admin profile from the welcome screen.I'm only allowed to chose the secondary the secondary limited profiles
the Administrator login is not shown, but other IDs are and you can always add an ID which has Admin privs - - it will show up on the login screen.

get a command prompt and enter
runas /user:administrator control
enter the correct password and you get the Control Panel (using the admin credentials).
Scroll to find User Accounts and then Add User

I used runas/user: administrator control there was no password and I am still unable to get to the admin settings. Please help!

@Lookinaround. Thank you!!

@Tootweetforyou . Have you tried the safe mode method?

How to boot in safe mode

If you are unable to boot in safe mode, I would suspect you are not pressing the F8 key soon enough.

Finally, you can log onto another account which has admin privileges and simply take ownership of admin files/folders.

How to take ownership of a file/folder in Windows Xp

A final note; Lookinaround is absolutely correct that pressing ctrl + alt + delete twice at the Welcome screen will launch the admin account. It must be pressed immediately when the screen appears though.

Back