Help please could my hard drive be dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

Emachines
model: W3622
80gb hdd
512 mb ram i believe.

Well long story short a family friends computer died on them. All it does is keep restarting over and over. I can get to the "start in safe mode/last good configuration menu" but neither options ever load all the way. the System Recovery stalls and never works either past the loading screen.

When i try to reformat I put in the disk for reformatting, its like it reads the cd but where you would say y/n its blank and guys straight to system recovery.

I'm thinking its a broken hard drive but it doesnt make any funny sounds and i hear it spin on start up. At least i think i hear it spin help please?

Thanks Kimsland I used a simliar program that emachines forwarded me two called gwscan5.12 and I made abootable disk just it wont do anything o.o

i tried to boot from the cd i made......... nothing just gets stuck!!!!!
so im assuming those other tools are gonna get the same results.

This is what is says at the bottom

Boot from cd.(blank)
(blank)

You may need to check the connections and things like that
It may come down to putting the harddrive into another working computer (as a slave or secondary drive) then testing from there

so i have a dell 3000 dimension i should be able to test it on that correct? any chance it could infect my computers ram etc?

No

Mind you...

If you open your dell 3000 dimension, and then short something or disturb a connection or something, it can fault

You need to adhere to all anti-static precautions (power out and don't move your feet, that type of thing)

You should be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back