Help please video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr surfboard

Help please
I just got a new nvidia 8400 gs, The reason i got it is because my other card was seemingly running hot. I am still having the same problem even with this new card, I don't know whats going on with this card. I have 3 fans inside the pc 2 inside it 1 ontop of it. Here is a picture of my speed fan to show whats hot and whats not.
So if anyone could please give me some help thank you.

iprx1y.jpg

Take the side off of your case. That way you can observe what's going on in real time. The side being off might keep it cooler enough to get around this. Put your hand near the card if this starts to happen again. (does it seem too hot?) Consider a "spot-fan" (Antec) and blow it right on the GFX. Make sure the fan is turning.

What kind of games are you trying to play? The 8400 is not a particularly great gaming card. Yes, it's newer than most but it's still at the lower end of new cards. Stuttering might be a symptom of a GPU that can't handle all the demands made upon it by fairly high end games. Try lowering some of the in-game settings to see if that improves the stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back