Help removing stripped screws, advanced techniques.

rodion15

Hi,
I wonder if you could help me find a proper metal glue to help me extract stripped screws from laptop computers.
I guess the best method to try is this: Use an electric drill to try to remove the screw, if that doesn't work and you're destroying the screw tip, try to file the tip of the screw and then use metal epoxy 24h cure as I expose here.

I tried Metal Epoxy and it worked well enough on a screw (although I would have liked a more permanent bond), see picture: I'm trying to remove the screws by dipping the tip of a cheap screwdriver with Metal Epoxy, then putting its tip on the screw and letting it cure for 24 hours.

However, when I tried on another screw, it didn't work. This was a black metal screw. I suspect it had some layer of something non-metal that prevents the adhesion.
I even thought of filing the tip of the screw with some drilling tool to remove this layer.
What's a proper drill tip to file the tip of a small screw? Are there different glues for different metals?
ou1nenK.jpg

5Ya9G85.jpg

Acc7Tgm.jpg

TazUSmo.jpg

If you have clearance slot the screw head (Dremel works great), then use a flat tip driver.
Use the epoxy if you have time to wait for it to dry.
Drill out if you don't have clearance to slot the head and the epoxy doesn't work.

It's always best to make sure you have proper tools. Often the only reason screws strip is either the tool doesn't fit or is worn-out.

Back